View Single Post
Old 2011-02-24, 04:14   Link #498
Scrooge McDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Ah, but we all have different "most expected" scenarios. You might expect Kyubey to be a puppet, and I expect Kyubey to be the mastermind. Sure, it may be awesome for me for Kyubey to be a puppet, and terrible for you. But it could be the other way around. I do not think we can all agree on one most expected scenario.
People's expectations might differ, true. But allow me to expound on what Dharma stated.

The show built on the expectation that Kyubey is evil so much (with ominous lighting, even) that when come the big reveal and it turns out that he really is evil, it'd be kinda unexciting. It'd be what most people expect. It'd be what some other people wish not to happen because of the obviousness. The former would not be surprised, and the latter's surprise would be along the line of "I can't believe they think this is a good idea".

Of course, there's always the possibility of them playing it straight compounding with another plot element (heck, maybe like your whole "Kyubey is evil but fix everything and it's all just a test" scenario) that is written so awesomely awesome that it would make even the former pleasantly surprised and the latter also satisfied.

Ah, good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
We're seeing this series from a different perspective I think. IMO the main question here is not "Why?" but "How?". How is Madoka going to save the day (or not)?? Of course, everyone already expects her to eventually make a contract and become a magical girl. For most the only question seem to be whether she's going to save the world (or not) by making a wish or with her supposed awesome MG powers... In any case, everyone has no doubt she's going to make a contract...

Do you get where I coming from now? This is the freaking twist I'm seeing. This is the really surprising and totally unexpected ending I'm expecting. Even if Kyubey is revealed to be the true antagonist, I expect Urobuchi to crush everyone expectation by having Madoka saving the day (or not) by NOT contracting.
Pardon for hijacking the conversation, but aaah. I see. What you hope would be the twist, I hope would be the climax. What you hope would be the climax I hope to be the twist. I can certainly see where you are coming from; those are the two things that the show has been mainly building, after all. Fair enough.
The bad in the world is hard to hear
When in your ear a banana cheers
So go and put a banana in your ear
Scrooge McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote