View Single Post
Old 2007-09-05, 18:52   Link #103
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wings of Betrayal - Episode 1. First Impressions

If anyone has had seen the first episode to the OVA and already opened a thread for the OVA, then please redirect my post there.

I am just feeling happy and nostalgic because one of my most desired anime title made its comeback again, and I'm talking about Sousei no Aquarion - Wings of Betrayal.

The wait was worth it absolutely.

My first impressions about the 3-D CGI animation on the TV series for the first episodes were low due that the design and construction, including the movements, for the vectors and united Aquarion seemed too mechanic and polygonal.

It is astonishing how the quality rate skyrockets exponentially when large budgets are pumped into OVAs.

The animation and CGI effects for Aquarion and the Cherubim were practically flawless, and I as well give praise and claps to the staff for reintroducing again the beautiful soundtrack of the TV series into the OVAs.

I have a hunch that maybe Kawamori's head was full with lots and lots of stuff that not all were able to make it into the TV series due to maybe budget, time or scheduling constraints.

I am speculating upon this because the OVA:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote