View Single Post
Old 2011-01-10, 05:27   Link #300
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
If I may offer, that at the very least in Yasu's head, Beatrice is guilty of the sin of killing people over and over again. I think this is how she thinks:

Yasu is a non-person and can never act as a person. She doesn't even 'exist' despite being her initial identity. Shannon, Kanon and Beatrice are the real identities she uses to represent herself. However, in her mind they aren't personalities of her; there is no 'her.' There are only those three. But they're not real, they are characters. So they can be guilty of crimes committed in their own stories, even if those were not crimes in the real world. And so 'Beatrice' must die for her crimes. Even if Yasu does not. But Yasu... is a non-person and non-persons do not have anything, even the ability to commit sins.

Spoiler for For EP8 ????:

Of course, we don't think like that.. we'd like to know what Yasu was really doing... 8)
Yes, this is more or less how I see Yasu as well....very well explained, thanks.

On another note, I really am intrigued by the parallel between fans that are wanting to call Ryuukishi07's "bluff" and the Witch Hunters' identical reaction to Ikuko deciding to not show Eva's diary. That he anticipated this reaction in his own work really makes me wonder if this should be interpreted as a hint in itself somehow. Personally I'm convinced there is a truth concealed in the catbox, but unsure if the full solution exists within the puzzle, or if he has yet to spring his "last Queen's move".

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote