View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 14:41   Link #4
Thess

Animation Quality: 9. The animation quality and art is fantastic, the way they portrayed the Noble Phantasms (which isn't easy) is also great. Some off model problems and cgi. 10 in terms of bluray release.
Voice Actors: 10. The seiyuus were top notch. All of them.
Script: 10. Dialogue was engaging.
Soundtrack: 8. There were really good tracks and really mediocre ones.
Editing: 7. Probably the worst technical point (episode 24 comes to mind). The pacing sucked, in particular in the second half.
Enjoyment: 10.
Emotional Involvement: 8. I do admit Kariya's story which was great in the novels was insipid in the anime other than his first episode. They compensated for making Waver and Rider the stars and trying to make me care about Kiritsugu (they almost succeeded).
Adaptation (I need to add this): 9 first half. 6 second half. Average = 7.5. Now let's speak of this, first half had some changes (Rin's adventure) and cuts (Kariya's suffering, some Waver/Rider bit). But second half is all over the place. Those two Kiritsugu's episodes hurt the pacing of the series, they crammed and overlooked a lot of character traits (sp. from Kirei and Tokiomi). Some scenes were pretty badly adapted from my impression of the novels (namely the Kariya ones, that last one with Sakura is the worst offender, they tried to make her sinister when she was shackled to a wall witnessing this by being covered with worms, novel wise, stunned and mindbroken into obedience after Kariya was made a lesson for her).

Average = I'm going to go with 8 for a round number.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote