View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 03:04   Link #61
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

On Satoshi, I don't think his newfound non-competitive personality would manifest in his being hypersensitive to what people think about him - on the contrary, I think this is as much as anything about not giving a damn what people think about him. I believe he would argue that the reason he has a healthy social life is precisely because he's decided to pretend he's not going to try and be great at anything and just be happy.

I won't deny that Satoshi took the path of least resistance with Mayaka this week, and I'm not arguing he should get a Nobel for his actions. But I also think it's more complicated than simply hating on him for deceiving her (which in fact, she wasn't - and I would guess he knew she'd know what really happened). Fact is, Satoshi has some serious issues to deal with before he should even think about being in any kind of romantic relationship. He'd be a terrible boyfriend to anyone, and he knows it - he's basically living a lie and while his niceness is genuine, and perpetual happiness is often an act. Until he gets his head sorted out, Mayaka is much better off not getting tangled up with him.