View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 17:08   Link #30667
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
Boyfriend forgot his promise to bring a white horse and take me away? -> Let's murder his family and make him watch.

Girl who I don't even remember murdered my family and made me watch? -> Let's marry her.
Anything would sound stupid if you summarized it in one sentence. Especially Umineko. 'Boyfriend forgot his pony' doesn't even start to explain Yasu's motive.

Quote:
Some guy you don't know goes and blows you home with all your family and familiars inside. The incident causes you to lose it, amnesia, attacks, despair and ending in a wheelchair. Yoir little sister grows as damaged as they get and then returns to the gameboard. And then she's also killed.

You have to be Jesus, capitain. You have to be Jesus to forgive that. I can barely forgive the guy that ran over my aunt and made her almost lose her life because he was drunk. I'd go all Sasuke on the responsible's ass if something as strong as Rokkenjima's big bang happened. Then again, I don't consider myself the best human in the street.
I don't disagree with you, nor am I saying I would forgive any of it so easily. However, that is not a valid reason to argue against the fact that I would admire the shit out of the person who would do so instead of calling them stupid. Forgiving people who wronged you is stupid instead of noble? I thing that assesment is the most fucked up thing here.

Quote:
But Yasu's motive is talked about as the thing that started everything. Is the core of Umineko, the culprit of Ryuukishi hammering into my head 'search for the heart' so much I started to joke Eva-Beatrice was the first to find it in EP3.
I can be dissapointed by a lot of things and let them pass, but the motive of mass murder has to be a pretty damn good one.
There really is no excuse for mass murder. None. Nothing justifies taking the life of another human being. I'm willing to be a bit more lenient since this is fiction we're talking about, meaning some of the things discussed in Umineko do not reflect real life.

The motive for mass-murder is not the excuse for mass-murder. Heck, Sweeney Todd is one of the saddest fictional-people, I say, serves those bastards right to be turned into pies, but I still think he saw what he had coming. The motive for a crime can let you have insight on where another human being went wrong. And I think no matter what the crime, everyone should have the right to be forgiven.

If you are not willing to accept the author's choice of motive here, that's your opinion, and clearly I can't disagree with you there, even if my opinion's the total opposite. Neither can I say anything to you when you think it can't 'justify' murder, because even I who does accept it find it stretched. However, disagreeing with it because it cannot 'excuse' murder is where I draw the line. Murder can be justified but not excused.

Quote:
She is incapable of accepting herself. So she is accepted by George. She has his full devotion, and he's ready to hang himself for her if she asks him. Jessica is trying hard to understand her. She has an unbeliebable amount of acknowledging, much more than Maria, Rosa, Natsuhi or Eva.
You don't get what I'm saying. George and Jessica do accept her personas. Yasu doesn't let them know her real self because she's afraid they will not accept it. She hides behind the veil of her own facades. The fact that George accepts Shannon does not mean he will accept Yasuda. It is not hear real self that is being accepted here. Frankly, it's mostly her own fault (maybe we can also attribute some of it to the experiences that led her to think this way, but mostly, it's her own issue). However, in all fairness, she at least has a reason to feel insecure, because she cannot give George the future he dreams of.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote