View Single Post
Old 2009-01-07, 05:17   Link #15
Domo
それで便座カーバー!

Location: Australia. The land of slow broadband speeds and non-existant anime DVD retailers.
Send a message via MSN to Domo
Animation Quality: 9
Kannagi's animation quality was quite fluid in most of its episodes and made the series quite watchable. However, I do believe that the studio may have slacked off in some episodes especially the Karaoke episode which lacked any movement in the animation.
Voice Actors: 9.5
In general, the voice actors did an excellent job in portraying each character's individual personality.
Script: 5
The script, in my opinion, felt quite inconsistent and unorganised throughout the series. The first 10 episodes felt like another typical comedy anime, and then switched to a more serious mood for the last 3 episodes. As the result, the purpose of the anime and where it was heading was ultimately lost for me.
Soundtrack: 6
Besides the OP, the soundtrack was pretty mediocre. I don't remember any of the soundtracks, which says a lot.
Editing: 8
Again, the editing was on par to today's anime standards. But it wasn't particularly spectacular.
Enjoyment: 8
Generally enjoyed the series for its comedy aspect, and hated it for its poorly executed melodramatic aspect.
Emotional Involvement: 2
Because most of the dramatic plot was left in the last 3 episodes, I never felt empathetic for any of the characters as the poorly executed melodramatic climax left me feeling cold.

Overall: (Despite an average of 7), I'm giving this series a 8.
A very enjoyable series, but it does have its flaws.