View Single Post
Old 2014-03-07, 15:59   Link #1402
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
By the time this show is over I will still have not accepted the whole 'clothing are evil aliens' deal. It just never sat well with me. I've done this with other shows in the past mind you, I thought 'surfing robots' was dumb with E7 and didn't watch it, only to go back to it years later and fall utterly in love with it, and I thought FMA's original run was horrible because of the art style. Same with OP. Eventually went back and fell in love with them all over again. I started with this show from the start and well I still think the premise is moronic. Ah well lol
Long time no post.

Yea that kinda sums up my feelings although mine are softer. I knew from the start that this was gonna be a big silly Go Nagai-esque wackfest (I mean that with the highest of praise).

Still I think ever since the dynamic of Ryuuko vs Satsuki changed to Ryuuko + Satsuki has dulled the blade of the show. Also Nakashima I guess had to come up with some cockamamie backstory for the Kamui, but focusing on it just makes it all the weaker as opposed to when they were more just a badass prop and story trope.

Still it's not a huge gripe, a great show just went down to good/decent is all. I'll still stick it through if only cause it's such a visceral thrillride visual and audio wise.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote