Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2015-01-19, 11:35   Link #35431
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So since they aren't sincere, the money doesn't count then? You want them to pay again?

Japan doesn't have the obligation to make other people HAPPY. That's not what the compensations are for. You can be mad all you like, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Japan had paid back with interest. If you are not satisfied, if you want more, if you want the Japanese to SUFFER, then that unfortunately isn't what the compensation is about.

If you hate the Japanese, the only way to make you happy isn't them being sorry. It is by declaring war, killing their women and children, and raze their country to the ground. That's how you get your revenge. Money or saying sorry has nothing to do with making you happy.

You want to defend your honour? Then do it. But demanding more money isn't it.
All of that stuff about comfort women needs extreme caution because it would not be the first time the so-called victims are doing this to try extorting more money. I see that kind of BS happening very often in the news and there are many cases when the case is made up. If Japan was genuinely unrepentant or seriously fed up, they could have said "you can stick any demand for an apology or a claim for compensation money up where the sun doesn't shine". But that's nowhere near what happened.

Meanwhile, I wish someone can explain to me why we haven't heard much about Chinese and Koreans hunting down ex-pimps who contributed to the situation and may have gone into hiding for decades under a new name. Also, I haven't heard anyone going into a lawsuit against the South Korean government for holding up a very similar system during the Korean War although victims could sue if we go by the same standard compared to the situation with Japan here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The South Korean armed forces also used to same arguments as the Japanese military to justify the use of comfort women, viewing them as a "necessary social evil" that would raise soldiers' morale and prevent rape
Also I think it was a year ago that a Korean professor went on local TV news and raised the topic as to how several local traders got those women involved and he even called those women as mere prostitutes. A Korean professor, of all people, said that! That's part of why I use extreme caution regarding that debate, especially when governments are using the topic for political purposes at this time.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2015-01-19 at 13:17.