Thread: Licensed Shinigami no Ballad
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-02, 18:08   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved episode 1. Especially, especially, especially Saitou Chiwa as Mai. Chiwa has the chops. I've never heard this character from her before.

They told the story clearly and simply, but with depth. Vastly superior to Jigoku Shoujo, for me. But maybe that's just because I like the attitude better.

The animation was not outstanding, but it was very good, just as that of Hantsuki was. The emotions came across well. Manga almost always has better character design than anime. That's just how it is. I think it has to do with having to enable a large number of people to draw the same thing. It has to be a bit homogenized.

Kobayashi Akiko as Momo was good, too, although more for the interesting quality of her voice than for how she used it. The charmingly dead voice is pretty similar to what we heard from her as Kisa in the under-appreciated Zettai Shounen. I'm a big fan of Shimizu Ai, but not for the role of Daniel, yet. Maybe I just don't like the know-it-all animal sidekick meme.

As for Kouta, he was good, too. But I'm not sure who the seiyuu is. It was supposed to be Kaneda Tomoko, but the end credits named a different Kaneda. I'll try to find out if it's an alias she used for some reason.

EDIT: It's actually Kanada Akiyo 金田晶代. See this post.

One negative comment: I really loathe the subtitle "Momo the girl god of death." Maybe it sounds all right to someone who doesn't really know English, but the feeling is all wrong for this anime. Sounds more like a B horror flick or a send-up.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-06 at 15:57.