View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 09:47   Link #1644
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Someone needs to tell them it's not loli's it's Ranka..... Fate, Shana, Nagi, Konata, Lousie, Taiga, Kagami, Rika, Hayate's Nagi, Nanoha are all very popular lolis for western fans... I dare say the majority of Sheryl fans on this board are big fans of at least a few of them... I've seen many Sheryl shippers saying Taiga and Nagi are awesome while Toradora and Kannagi were airing.... really it's not loli's, it's Ranka.
Its the same point, because what they're saying is that the ranking result is biased. People are judging not based on the music alone, but there's clearly bias, showing more love for Sheryl than Ranka.

And you cannot argue with that, we all know how the shipping went here and how biased this subforum is. The ranking results show that the bottom 10 is mostly Ranka and the top 10 is mostly Sheryl.

@ BetoJR:

Yes its definitely taste. Because Macross is more or less created in Japan for Japanese audience, the music is created to appeal to them the best and they should judge it fairer than foreign audience.

From a musical standpoint, its quite obvious that Sheryl's music would cater to international audience better than Ranka's. Its not Sheryl's songs are better composed or Ranka's are worse, they are from the same composer anyway. You can say foreign audience are not appreciating the music the same way as Japanese and most likely not appreciating as much because its not designed for international audience.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote