View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 15:10   Link #1649
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Alright guys, honestly just listen to what ever you want to.
That's so not the point. I, for one, just don't like being told that I'm not allowed to have my own opinion because I can't understand how japanese songs are supposed to work in their context. That's my pet peeve, for one. I don't really care about popularity polls or sales figures - as long as someone doesn't come around telling me I'm a biased westerner that doesn't know his left hand from his right.
And I like some of Mamegu's songs, myself - I just prefer the ones by May'n, is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Actually I didn't see this as a point for argument and didn't know this point is backing up the argument
Of course it's a valid point, if even in the original language territory, if one singer's style sells more than the other, it should mean more people who "understand" the lyrics do prefer her, no? My point is: this whole "biased" view because of a character's popularity and because westerners just don't "understand" japanese songs just doesn't fly. It's a matter of taste. Not localization - as the tastes of the japanese people seem to corroborate, as well.

In all, this is a moot point. Like you said, both artists are enjoying a fair degree of success and I wish them both well. Just don't come here and say that I enjoy something rather than other because I cannot understand the words or the context better. It's preposterous, really.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote