View Single Post
Old 2004-11-27, 21:56   Link #130
2otaku
What is it?

Send a message via AIM to 2otaku
Subbed, Dubbed.. whatever.. FMA

I watch my Anime both ways , I always have.... to get a complete idea of the story. Sometimes I need to pause the subs to be able to read all of it, that's a royal pain! The speech is much faster in Japanese. I also get the manga if I had not started there for anime I really like.

Over the years I have become fans of some of the VA's here and wish they could be as highly paid and appreciated as their Japanese counterparts. I can say some dubs are not good, in truth, some are dreadful. There has been huge improvements in this area.... and the writing too. Remember, the VA's are indeed actors, they work from a script.

I suppose I am saying I have begun to use my ears more than my eyes.... and what I am hearing in English on my Anime viewing is most pleasing these days. The added thing about using my ears more is my CD collection has quite a large section of Anime Theme music as well.

I am not unhappy with FMA's dubbing. Vic Mignogna is one of the voice actors I like... from the ADV camp. Someone earlier mentioned ADV had good dubbing. I agree.

How you enjoy your Anime is your choice. Just enjoy it.