View Single Post
Old 2012-02-11, 14:57   Link #12
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I love how Araragi and Hachikuji's relationship gets awkward when he's not molesting her. Nice call-back to his pledge from when Kanbaru gave him a taste of his own medicine.

Sejougahara was in top form. She really is a spectacular deadpan troll. I loved her parodying that leaving something unspoken between them raises death flags, even invoking the tragic keepsake trope. It's a shame the shot was so far zoomed out from her when she did all that exaggerated emoting as she described the plot device. It would probably have made a great avatar.

One of the things I've always liked about Bakemonogatari is how all of the girls in their own way feel like there's something dangerous about them. Araragi can never let his guard down with any of them. Mayoi's got so much insight into Araragi that she could probably make him dance to any tune she pleased, Senjougahara feels like she's a danger to herself and others (though most of this is probably an affectation), Rainy Devil-possessed Kanbaru went yandere for her crush, Nadeko gives off creepy obsessive brocon vibes, and Hanekawa seems to have cowed even the mighty Senjougahara behind the scenes. The vampire who literally lurks at his side seems to be the least of his concerns.

Speaking of which: Ka-ka! I love this laugh so much.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote