Thread: Crunchyroll Hoshizora he Kakaru Hashi
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-30, 13:02   Link #593
Midonin
Last Engage

Hoshikaka 12 - The Bees and the...er...Snakes?

The toughest part of this was the waiting until Thursday. Supporting the show does feel good, but I was always late to the conversation. Like now. No matter, though. Comments are comments. While much lower key than the rest of the episodes, it wasn't too bad. The confession scene was pretty nice (the music helped too), and the show overall was a nice watch. The cast had some great chemistry, and the balance was pretty evenly spread out. Tsumugi didn't get as much time as the rest of the cast, but she still got a few scenes that defined her character and gave her some depth - the scene at the beach comes to mind. And even this episode still had some amusing moments, such as the bee in the beginning. I liked the special version of the OP sung by the three leading heroines as well.

Though I only have two adaptations to go on, I think I've got the hang of feng's style, and I can say I find it enjoyable. While everything is grounded (mostly) in the mundane, it's still got a zingy sense of humor about itself. The characters all have some definite personality. Even the side characters like Daigo and Kasane are good, and Yamabiko is quite a colorful town. Not a bad job on the worldbuilding.

But in every story, there are thousands of smaller stories. I'm not talking about the other routes (for once), but Ayumu. He's probably got a harem of his own at his middle school. That's not a bad jumping off point for a fandisc...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote