View Single Post
Old 2013-08-18, 00:34   Link #20
relentlessflame

*Administrator

In general I would say that I liked the three episodes. However, episodes 15 and 16 (particularly 15) were difficult as anime because they contained a lot of talking, and the directors/storyboard artists couldn't really come up with very interesting ways of covering it all up. As a result, some of the scenes seemed to drag on longer than I would have liked, and other scenes didn't seem to be emphasized enough (because basically they don't contain as much story-critical dialogue). Particularly, Kirino's audio messages were very important, but I found it a bit hard to follow in the anime because they kept cutting to random stills that mean little (and the fact they were just stills made it even more distracting to me). I think Episode 14 fared better because it had a more action-driven plot, so it worked really well as anime. Episode 16 was about half-and-half -- I thought the first part at school dragged a bit, but the rest was pretty good.

All in all, I think it probably needs a rewatch to better-process everything, but it feels like, between these and the prior few episodes, all the loose ends of the plot were wrapped up pretty clearly.