View Single Post
Old 2016-03-20, 07:04   Link #10
dienrachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, from my observation, there's nothing really important happen between those three days aside from maybe the first encounter with Gjallarhorn troops and both sides keep on fighting and fighting.
I don't know. It feels less "less important" than the sake ceremony with the space-yakuza leader, which added about 0 to the overall story. Maybe nice from a world-building perspective, but frankly, we've never seen those guys since, and even Naze had practically zero importance since.

The whole side-story feels... weightless to me. Which makes the time allocated to it feels wasted, when I see how rushed the ending is.

Quote:
We still get all the important fights. Also, the time skip is important to show how Orga didn't just recklessly storming Gjallarhorn defenses sacrificing all those kids and tried to go through with minimal loss of lives. But reality speaks otherwise, and he finally make that last bet before they ran out of time and provision. Narrative-wise, it's good.
I think it's very cheap. They don't show us anything about Tekkadan struggling, they just throw a thirty-second montage and dearly ask us to believe. Don't get me wrong; narration can be a rather useful tool. In the original Gundam the major events our heroes didn't partake in were narrated, and I loved that. Here, however, they're skipping stuff we should've seen.

I mean, this feels like as if they declared that Tekkadan landed on Earth after a daring operation, instead of showing anything.

Quote:
Yeah, looks like it. Since he didn't use AV-system, Mika still have the upper hand (even though his Gundam alone is pretty troublesome for Mika this episode)
That raises even more questions though. Why didn't Mika finish Gaelio off if he was out cold anyway? Why didn't McGillis do so either? Or if Gaelio wasn't knocked out, why did he simply let Mika go - the very guy he was swearing to exact vengeance on?

All in all it feels like another example of "oops, we have no time, Mika go and meet the final boss or else ep 25 will be too hectic".
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote