View Single Post
Old 2008-05-26, 17:26   Link #292
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, you are almost paraphrasing what I said though. I specified that the offensive part was on a personal level. That the ero ploy was efficient and almost desirable on a marketing POV, but that from an artistic POV it added nothing to the story, and that from previous experiences it was not well woven in the story, but just used as a sales boost.

On a best case scenario what you mentioned will happen: it will be a moot point that will add nothing, yet detract nothing from the story and it will remain all the same. It is regrettable for people like me who like well written and minimalistic stories, but it isn't bad per se like you described.

However that is just a best case scenario. Most of the times when this scenes are used as a marketing ploy it detracts from the story, cuts the flow and cheapens the characters. (Utawarerumono, Tsukihime, KEY previous works, <enter a random eroge game here with a 70% chance of success>. It ends up exactly being what I described in the first post: Something that lowers the value of the overall work.

How is this all related to LB? The fact that the ero scenes seem to be added like an afterthought makes me have my doubts about how integral they will be to the actual plot. Again, maybe I'm just being paranoid based on my previous experiences, however I certainly am wary of this particular aspect of the remake.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote