View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 13:48   Link #1732
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
No one was advocating stoning HIM (oh, wait someone was) -- but that's the standard biblical "punishment" for simply being a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's the type that might seem to be okay with bring that back. The stoning suggestion simply follows that logic in reverse.
Ah, well that makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Oh, come on, Casey. If the single difference of opinion you and someone had was that rape pregnancy was a "gift from God to the woman" ... you'd still go to lunch with them?

I have members of my family I don't speak to any more because of their racist statements. That's just a "difference of opinion" on one topic, too.
I would, personally; there's people I'm close to who have disgusting or infuriating opinions on certain subjects, but, well, I try to shove that aside and forget about it because I care about the person, and our relationship is more important to me than the fact that I adamantly disagree with them on certain topics. I think it's totally understandable for people to be less forgiving of such things than I am, but I wouldn't say that associating with someone who said something terrible reflects poorly on the non-guilty party; I haven't outright abandoned friends or family for saying things that I vehemently disagree with and which seriously piss me off, and so I wouldn't really expect other people to either.