Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-01, 20:20   Link #321
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
When he stole Arata's glasses, it was wrong on so many levels. Theft (glasses), lying (to everyone), cheating (game), and finally, deception (hiding from Chihaya). Those actions were beyond just bullying. Yes, he returned it in the end, but essentially, it was because Arata knew he was the thief, and because it was in the best interest for Chihaya (keep her from searching endlessly). However, it was still theft nonetheless, and his reason for returning it was not righteous either.

I did say nothing he has done since the childhood bullying has been intentionally wrong.

Yes I agree with you that the bullying and the thing with the glasses was definitely very wrong. But I think admitting it to Arata is when Taichi redeemed himself.

Should he have told Chihaya? Maybe! But in the end I don't think he really had to or that stops the redemption. He admitted to Arata in so many words that he was wrong & giving back the glasses was a peace offering in a way.

The fact of the matter is Arata still considered Taichi a friend after that incident (he thanked Chihaya and Taichi for playing Karuta with him) and so if Taichi's actions were good enough for Arata's forgiveness than that is good enough for me.