View Single Post
Old 2009-11-04, 11:50   Link #46
Menthuss
INFERNO DIVIDER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Big Boss doesn't die from his wounds; he just gets really pissed off. Since he has armor in MG, you have to shoot him with an RPG-7. If I got hit with one (and survived with all my limbs intact), I'd be pretty pissed off too.

In Metal Gear 2, he tell Solid Snake that the loser will find peace, while the other must continue to live to the drums of war. Snake burns Big Boss alive with a home-made flamethrower. Even after he knocked Gray Fox onto a landmine and burned Big Boss, neither of them died. Both were recovered by Zero. Zero couldn't afford to let Big Boss die, and put him in a nano-machine induced coma, while Para-Medic got to use Frank Jaeger as her scientific "plaything" for her genetic experiments.

Frank Jaeger had fought Big Boss before by the time of Portable Ops. Once in Mozambique, and then again in Columbia. After saving his life, he tell him what his name was, giving Frank a sense of identity for the first time in years (his mind was wiped through drugs and hypnotic suggestion after assassination he made, but he could always remember Big Boss because he couldn't beat him in combat). Soon after Big Boss creates FOXHOUND, Gray Fox become the best soldier (after Big Boss), even though Roy Campbell (probably a Major at that point) was second in command of FOXHOUND.
I never quite understood why Paramedic did this. In MGS3 she was a friendly and cheery girl who aided you in your missions. Then when she became known as Dr. Clark she starts doing all sorts of unethical experiments on Frank Jaeger? Did something happen to Paramedic in PO that caused a change in her personality or view of the world or something?
Menthuss is offline   Reply With Quote