View Single Post
Old 2009-02-17, 00:50   Link #55
TrueKnight

Okay. Now on to the serious side.

From ep 1 till 6 we see Kalian trying to persuade Layfon (forcefully) in order to join their military. It could be argued that he's successful as Layfon is drafted in the Military section, but with mix if not dissapointing result, that is Layfon was still half-heartedly doing his job and more concentrated in normal life (cleaning).

At ep 5 he's finally realized that with his power he's bound to protect whats around him whether he liked it or not. Ep 6 finally proved that Layfon accepted Kalian's offer to be an undercover Superman in order to kill the bugs to protect Zuellni,

Hence in that retrorespect, Kallian's already achieved his goal albeit not easy with Layfon's finally working in order to protect Zuellni. Hence in the defensive.

That being said, I don't trust Kalian. Now he's still at the pretext for protecting Zuellni so Layfon doesn't mind as long its for that goal.

But again the man (Kalian) is basically a patriot, and will do anything for the benefit of Zuellni. Here's what my speculation on what he's planning to do with Layfon's 'aid'.

- Zuellni was once a rich city with many mines, but currently only had one mine left and in the verge of bankruptcy. Kalian will try to use Layfon in order to compete with other academy city, to win over the mines, and again with the pretext of protecting Zuellni, but in truth will be actually on the offensive and goes into pre-emptive.
- After Zuellni has acquired many mines as the result from Layfon's effort, Kalian will try to establish a relation with Grendan using the newly acquired mines and Layfon as a bargaining tool in order from a strategic military alliance.

Yeah politic sucks. But that's my take on the overall goal of the current Zuellni's administration. Which unfortunately is corrupt (as seen with the police officials in episode 6).