View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 12:25   Link #64
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
As such, saying he's meek is definitely a good take on the situation. It somehow detracts on his charm, though - but then, well, for once we don't get a "perfect" protagonist, so I guess it has its own benefits.
Well that is what lends a certain realism to his personality. He is not a cutout or typical character, he isn't perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
Lawrence is definitely a well-crafted character (zing). Holo's interesting, but only because Lawrence is there. I get the impression that we're seeing a version of Lawrence that Holo has been bringing out, much like we're obviously seeing a version of Holo that he's been bringing out.
Well I wouldn't go as far to say neither of them wouldn't be interesting without each other since these are their true personalities not personalities that have been created just through their being together. The thing is people usually act differently in public, interacting with strangers or people they don't know well enough. I'd say people are not always open to being themselves at all times and try to act as what they believe to be acceptable by others. This of course varies between personalities, but I feel the motif is there and happens with most people at some point.

This is how I think Lawrence and Holo are. People will usually act like themselves in privacy and around those they trust and care for. This is why we can see the true Lawrence in Holo's presence and vice versa. Both of them feel more comfortable being themselves around each other and if you notice both tend to act different (put on an act even) around other people. They seem to never truly be themselves unless together.