View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 08:10   Link #2062
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I guess because I designed IS by using canon technology in ways that is overpowered, I did come up with strange ways to break the system. In a way, like how Star Trek comes up with solutions...

ISpers have an insane advantage in that they know what you are going to do next. Let's pit combat instructor Trinity in an I-type MPIS with just the SAR-X2 SOPMOD rifle and a 4-bit SWORD Equalizer against Mysterious Lady. Even if the MPIS can't overwhelm the defenses, the unit being lighter and simpler can engage the unit in attrition until ML gives up or makes a mistake. Being an ISper helps that along. Being an experienced pilot first and a war veteran second closes the gap some more. And when she stalls long enough, the rest of her squadron would've gotten there. Now let's say it was Marvelous-san who set up the trap, and has Karon and friends Overdrive jump from BVR into melee. All of them have been given plasma disruptor Equalizers. ML is now exhausted by Trinity's assault, and reacts too slowly from being surrounded, and is stunned unconcious. So as long as no one comes to her aid, she's lost because her IS was just too bulky, and that she's just 1 person.
Is anybody immune to the ISper's mind reading ability? I think some corporation would make millions of dollars by making a headgear that can null the mind reading and destroy the ISper's advantage.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote