View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 02:47   Link #132
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
What fans had concluded before is that there is a high chance where time in the Afterlife world does not match the time in the real world. So basically, the time in both worlds are not parallel. So in a way is, other than Kanade and Otonashi, chances of the rest of the cast having to die before or after anyone is possible. No one's birth year is mentioned anyway, so there's always the chance of say... Yui is older than Otonashi in real world and died earlier than him. So even though Yui looks like a kid, she might secretly be older than Otonashi in terms of birth year. That sort of things.

But another point to note is that there should be generation limit too. That's why we don't see teenagers from the past (say, 1800s) or future (2100s) in the series. The only suspicious person I'll say is Shiina since she's... a ninja. .__. But anyway, that's not the point. I'm just saying that there should be a limit within each generation. There might be more than one Afterlife world for different generations anyway.

This is getting complicated. I'm stopping here. LOOOOL
Heh, despite crying at the end when Kanade revealed her reason, I was thinking that. However, I thought that was reaching, even for KEY. Still though, the anime is about the world after some die, so it's already full-on fantasy.....

My question was if the novel had more to it then the anime? Like, was there more character development, especially with Naoi?