View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 12:36   Link #62
Vsin
Aldracity

Am I the only one who gets the impression that Kio is actually SCARED of killing people? While it wasn't made explicit in previous episodes, this one showed that Kio "resonates" the abject fear reaction, and holds back because of it, even when he goes full rage mode.

Think about it. Ideology is all well and good, but the only way you're going to flip your state from absolute rage to absolute pacifism in a split second would be due to instinct. In Kio's case, he's afraid of killing people because he can see them crapping their pants every darn time, and presumably he x-rounder-empathizes with a portion of the pain. Think Tifa in GX EP...I can't even remember now, the first time the Satcann is used. While nothing has been said explicitly yet, I think it's strongly implied that Kio would resonate with some of the pain; heck, I can't help but think that the whole point of Girard's existence was to imply this.

Seric's death is the important lesson that Kio needs to learn (namely, to pull the trigger on your friends/loved ones for the sake of others) but the show is very explicit in showing that Kio has NOT learned this lesson. And that is what led me to believe that Kio's refusal to kill is based not on ideology, but on mere fear.

Heck, take AGE 1 Flit: despite the fact that Desil had just killed Yurin, he doesn't finish the job. Same goes for vegan whatshisface - Flit tries to shoot him, but takes so long that Grodek did it instead.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote