View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 14:39   Link #540
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Nostalgia factor notwithstanding, I suspect that my 28-year-old self will not tolerate the shallowness of a very traditional 90s magical-girl series, especially after the recent Deconstructor Fleets, particularly Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, pretty much executed Base Delta Zero on the Magical Girl Planet and left its surface naught but superheated radioactive glass.

When I was a kid I used to think Final Fantasy 7 was the cat's meow, the best game ever. I recently attempted to replay it, making sure to leave off my nostalgia goggles, and couldn't make it more than a few hours in before I stopped and realized, "Damn, this game is awful. How did I ever like it so much?"

I can't tolerate Precure, original or otherwise, despite the original Futari wa Pretty Cure being held up as a deconstruction of the genre. Not after Nanoha and Madoka, anyway.

I might be willing to check this out for nostalgia's sake, but I doubt I'll be too interested unless they take the concept only and rewrite it for a 2013 audience.