View Single Post
Old 2007-05-25, 13:01   Link #57
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimie View Post
What I mean is when using Mokuton, they don't just mix water and earth, because that would just be mud. The "Earth" part of Mokuton is more along the lines of plants, which grow out of the ground. Therefore, perhaps something like adding leafs to a tornado.

However, I doubt they would give him an Earth affinity, because he needs to match up against Sasuke's Fire ability, He would most likely get a water affinity.
He didn't think that earth and water didn't make Mokuton. He was under the impression that the "earth part" of that mixture manifested itself in the form of plants, because he didn't quite understand that Mokuton creates a new element from two other elements. He was absolutely right that a direct mixture of earth and water makes mud. What you could have taken two seconds to explain was that elemental fusion does not actually mix two elements, but instead produces a new one.

Furthermore, I wasn't trying to dispute anything. I can be certain, since I've read those articles. I was just making you aware that they existed and, if you wanted to relieve your uncertainty, you could go look it up.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote