View Single Post
Old 2012-04-06, 08:34   Link #28311
GuestSpeaker

Hello and Question

Hello everyone, long time reader and first time poster.

Firstly I just wanted to thank you all for such interesting posts previously. I have only really scratched the surface in terms of backreading (so sorry if I ask something already mentioned), but they have gone a long way to deepening my understanding. Or at least entertaining me.

Anyway, down to the question.
Ryűkishi07 in his often cited interview makes some pretty strong statements about Yasu being the culprit. A lot of people pointed out this doesn't match with the game text basically implying that Beatrice as a culprit had the same motivation as Eva as culprit, namely protecting Ange. Pre Umineko I would have noted this inconsistency, then glossed over this and waited to be spoonfed the answer. This almost always lead to me later kicking myself for missing an important plot-point because I couldn't be bothered thinking about it (which Umineko then called me on before shaming me like so much rabid goat butler). With this in mind, has anyone actually tried compiling a theory where the Ryu's logic all holds together? I.e.
- Yasu was willing to kill everybody
- Beatrice was a (self?) scapegoat to protect Ange
- Ange needed to be protected from some aspect of the truth of the incident
- Eva was not the sole/main culprit

Sorry for long post, but after reading so many hundreds of pages I have so much opinion stored up.
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote