Thread: Licensed Bakuman (TV) (All Seasons)
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-12, 17:27   Link #39
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Kasai should be find with the comedy, Nodame s1 had some hilarious moments in it.. and Kasai is really good at adapting manga, just look at Honey and Clover as well as Nodame Cantabile.

The manga is quite successful, does about 200,000+ in the opening week and is improving all the time in sales. It's also from the Death Note duo and along with Mago and Toriko should be heavily pushed throughout 2010 in WSJ.

It might not end up selling "that" well on dvd/bluray but I really can't see the the guys behind this expecting it to flop and budget accordingly. I would expect/hope J.C Staff's top team on this next Fall... let the "B" teams do season 2 of Index or 3 of Shana.. Bakuman should be their top priority since it can potentially outsell those two properties easily.
The manga might sell well, but remember the current best seller for anime are either moe-blobs or mech. Bakemonogatari is top of the charts, I loved that series, but it is still built upon harem and moe-moe girls. K-on is made entirely of moe blobs. Shana have very stable sales, the next season should be garenteed a sale of about 8k-10k. Index is also doing very well for the its first season, average of 10k too.

I don't think Bakuman is going to well in the anime sales department. I don't think fans of Bakuman loves it so much that they'll spend 6000 yen for 3 episodes, a volume of manga is only 390 yen (if I remember correctly). Nodame Cantabile sells well over a million per volume, and it only sold 4k per volume for the DVD. One Piece sells over 2 million per volume, but it only sells 2k per DVD. A mainstream series don't tend to do so well in the DVD department (other then Gintama because of its fujoshis...)

I think Bakuman would be quite lucky to sell 10k.