View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 13:33   Link #54
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Those are quadratic equations. Linear equations result in line graph, while quadratic equations result in parabolic curves. God, what did you learn in school !
One word. Crap. I don't even remember the specific names of the topics, just methods, methods and methods that cannot be applied to daily life, nor are of any use to me when working in society. This is a result of voracious spoonfeeding, the students know how to do, but do not truly understand. That is what a professor told me during a university open house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
...The fact that anyone remembers this stuff astounds me. Of course, I haven't had anything to do any math more complicated than arithmatic in seven years, so my memory is rather rusty.
Try doing this everyday at extreme level for a period of 2-3 years. It sticks like glue to the head and won't come off. The only thing you forget is what they are called.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.