View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 10:26   Link #444
Neovoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Got the demo today, and one major thing I've noticed is that the Support Troopers now have a different weapon rather than sharing a self-loading rifle with the Scouts. Not only that, the AP they get has been reduced further. There IS one thing that's throwing me off, and that's the new weapon. It seems to look like a carbine, but somehow the game lists that class' weapon as a "PISTOL" O_O. So I decided to split the difference and consider the weapon a Pistol-calibre Carbine.
A pistol caliber carbine? Are we talking about something similar to the M1 Carbine which fires a .30 caliber carbine rounds that look almost like a pistol round? Come to think of it, the M1 Carbine was often carried by other service troops like engineers, medics, mortar crew, radio operators, and even Sergeants and Officers. Also the M1 Carbine weighed about 5 lbs (2.5 kg) empty and for those of who carried and held various firearms, the M1 Carbine is extremely lightweight. Maybe the ammunition the support troopers are using is the 7.92mm Kurz (short).
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote