Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 15:48   Link #1018
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't think quite as highly of Mashiro-iro Symphony's writing as some do, but even I would say it's too well-written to pull off an alternate romantic end at this point.

You can't do that, and make it fit, when:

1. Shingo has not shown any concrete romantic interest in any other girl. If he had shown a few real signs of liking Airi and/or Sana that way a few episodes ago, a twist could be believably pulled off, but not now. Not given that...

2. We only have two episodes left. That's just not enough time to end one romance, start another practically from scratch, and create a decent ending.

So, worst-case scenario (imo): We get a "no girl wins" ending. Shingo and/or Miu catches wind of how hurt Sana is, and one or both decides to end their romance because of it. If this happens, I will absolutely hate it emotionally, but I won't necessarily call it "bad writing".

I don't think this anime is flawlessly written, but it's well-written in general, and I really do have enough faith in Mashiro-iro Symphony's writing staff to be confident that they'll avoid a "lolwut?!" contrived ending where another girl steals Shingo away.