View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 22:46   Link #68
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wait, so is Shinka's chuuni identity called Mori Summer or Mori-sama? I'm getting different things from the light novel translations and the anime subs.
Anime: Mori-Summer
Novel: Mori-sama

In the first novel, the phrase is written "もりさま" which is just a way to say it and doesn't infer any specific meaning. To be honest, I was originally going to leave it as "Mori-Summa" to emphasize the "nickname" aspect. Unfortunately, a chance event happens in novel 2 that specifies exactly "Mori-sama". I think it's not a too spoilerish to say that Shichimiya ends up meeting Nibutani in novel 2. During said event, she calls her "森様" (same pronunciation, but defining the meaning behind it) This ends up emphasizing something I've seen in Japanese writing. If someone only knows the pronunciation behind a word/name, you'll see it in hiragana only. If they know the meaning, it could be in kanji. In both novels, the only one to use the kanji in their dialogue is Shichimiya. Everyone else (even after said event) would use the hiragana phrasing.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote