View Single Post
Old 2012-10-05, 09:05   Link #1050
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No offense taken, given that I am very cynical in trusting any individual with power. However, there is a core difference between sitting in judgement and having a strict standard, as will be mentioned below.

Considering that I also do consider lobbying to be something of responsibility than right, I don't see much of a difference anyway.

Asking for what? Rights that any human being should have, or getting more of the pie or perhaps a better position than before? To me any protest that is not of the former is to be one of responsibility, and thus being disruptive is throwing away the principles of protesting. I'm cynical against ANY protest that is not of a matter of rights. That is why I use alternative measures (bearing pressure in a way that does not have to paralyze society or touch the right of people to be undisturbed).
And they're protesting for rights to more of the pie, so what's your problem?

More seriously, most or all protests are spun as being for "fairness" or "the betterment of society". For that matter, when the 0.01% come whining for tax breaks, they argue it'll be better for the economy. Nobody's organizing a protest with "I want a raise" as the main slogan.