Thread: Licensed Rocket Girls
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-09, 07:20   Link #45
Seiryuu

I've just joined the "club" myself, and I must admit I kinda like this, though I've only seen 1 and 6, and none in between. I think I understand the motivation behind going after the girl. As I understand it, they'd tried launching quite a few rockets and, as the islander's expectant gazes suggest, they've all turned into fireworks. They're in a desperate situation because their sponsors are getting tired of throwing money away. Rockets AREN'T cheap, they're typically designed for reuse, except maybe for the external propulsion tanks I don't know. These people can't afford to make more rockets unless they manage to have a success, and they want to use a human since it will make a more impressive success than monkeys. The only rockets they have left are either similar to the previous failures or incapable of safely supporting more than an additional 40kg. Thus, the only convenient way to continue their space program is to put a living human of less than 40kg into one of their rockets. Probably less, considering the weight of the space suits. It's a somewhat silly idea but it's still slightly plausible.
One thing that did bug me was the way the girls treated the sunrise. It's cool looking, but it's still absurd. I've known for too long that astronauts treat the rising sun with extreme caution, since if they don't have their masks down the unfiltered light is sufficient to blind and severely burn instantly. The girls would not be saying "ooh, aah", they'd be screaming in pain.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote