View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 21:42   Link #25
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Beginner and already playing anime/video game sheets? Wow, I barely played anything my first year. You must be good, I hope you do well.

If it's six measures, I would really reccomend a slow but beautiful one that people wouldn't mind hearing twice. It could be pretty awkward if you played something fast and then played the exact same thing twice. Especially if you made a mistake. 6 seconds of embarassment.
I'm not that good. Honestly, I shouldn't be pushing myself ahead so quickly and just wait perhaps another year to get more experience, but I'm just so eager right now that I can't help it (love anime and video game music, so yeah... I blame Air TV). So I'm making many mistakes as I try to improve my sight reading too by playing these songs.

This thread was originally made a month ago if you didn't catch it. I said last month somewhere in this thread generally any piece is alright now, instead of only 6 measures which I misheard from my teacher. So those of you who want to help me with a few suggestions, you're more than welcome to drop a name. Only from anime and video games now. Provided the piece is appropriate for a beginner (and I'm able to play it decently hopefully, I hope), then all is fair game.

I'm somewhat confident I can do well as long as I don't have play at a blazing fast pace of a tempo. I could slow it down and play it as well as I can at my speed but I wouldn't feel right to do that to such songs like Time's Scar.

The nice suggestions of You and Hishizora no Waltz is keeping me pretty occupied and attentive that I do continue practicing. Besides, it feels like a great sense of satisfaction to me if I can play such songs whenever I want after I learn them and memorize them of course.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote