View Single Post
Old 2011-04-03, 17:04   Link #209
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I am not usually a huge Itou Kanae fan, but she was absolutely outstanding here, creating a character with potential depth.

Completely agree,not one of her fans but I have to give credit where credit is due and she's doing a great job here,those monologues really put the pressure on the VA and she delivered.

Quote:
And maybe Okada Mari is better at doing original stories than adapting other people's.
To me it seems Okada Mari is just better at "down to earth" type shows,where there's no fantasy,action etc,even if its not that popular I consider "sketchbook full color's" to be a brillant 4 koma adaptation and I like Toradora quite a bit too (though unlike sketchbook I havn't read the original work so I can't compare) meanwhile Canaan is original and I had quite a few problems with it.

edit: Zakuro also comes to mind as another "down to earth" adaptation I liked ,it wasn't really an action show despite the action scenes here and there.

Quote:
Maybe watching Madoka Magica has made me particularly tire of this, but I'm not really in a mood to watch another likable female lead be made to suffer.
The big difference with Madoka is that here I can guarantee you we'e going to get a heartwarming ending while Madoka is going to be bittersweet at best.