View Single Post
Old 2005-12-28, 05:16   Link #89
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
honestly, even though i love the series, theres TONS (to me) of fan service in the show. i mean, episode 9 was ONLY fan service.........and at times it does get a bit ecchi....i mean, these girls are supposed to be like 14 and yet, did you see yoshida-chan in that one ep?!!....yikes.........and various, very random shots of shana changing and they make sure to show her body up and down......oh, and ep 12......that was bordering hentai......lol

but still, i enjoy watching it!
True, very true. But what I dispute isn't that this series has lots of fanservice (although there are plenty of other series with more), but Dreamless' claim that "every other episode has fanservice," that this show centers on loli, and that there is no depth or drama and becomes a mere moe loli-fansevice show after episode 2.

Come on, we didn't even have fanservice until episode 4 (as I pointed out), and the most fanservice we had for Shana in episode 9 is her in a very nonsexy swimsuit. (if anyone thinks that her swimsuit was sexy, you've got problems...) And the last comment, no depth after episode 2, is definitely something I must to dispute.