View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 15:00   Link #40
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If it’s true then I wonder from what animal he learned it from. From Katsuyu’s slug tribe? Or maybe he learned it by himself?
Kabuto mentioned that there are 3 legendary places to learn sage mode, we already know about 2, so maybe the 3rd is where Hashirama learned it. Or he has that naturally, since he inherited the body of the Sage of 6 paths. We already know that Juugo has some kind of degenerate sage mode simply as an ability, so it's possible to have it without going to magical places and do extreme training.

It seems that the Hashirama-Madara rivalry relationship is the opposite of the Naruto-Sasuke one: Hashirama being the genius type and Madara being annoyed by that

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlman View Post
The third Hokage was said to be the strongest ever, and now its retconned as the first.
I remember somewhere it was also said that the 4th hokage was the greates ever, it's just the usual hype when one person comes in the spotlight. But indeed there is some retconning going on, since when the 1st and 2nd fought the 3rd there was never mentioned that the 1st was severely weakened. At least the 3rd hokage should have mentioned it, but of course in these type of shonen manga when an epic fight has to be hyped up it's not really a good idea to expect remarks which say that the fighting guys aren't really that strong. So considering how good an explanation was given in this chapter i'm ok with how the story goes. And the explanation even involves the fact that a full powered Hashirama can easily break the Edo-Tensei binding of a powered up Orochimaru.

And most importantly now we know why was Madara bragging to the 5 kages that their fight was nowhere near the one that he had against Hashirama. And because of that it's becoming obvious that even if the completely exhausted alliance manages to win against Obito it will only lead to the fight against Madara which they cannot win. Madara's only concern is how to make Obito sacrifice himself to revive him, so i guess he doesn't really want to help Obito, rather he would like Obito to lose and then tell him that he can execute the plan if Obito revives him.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-02-20 at 15:18.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote