Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-09, 16:45   Link #3894
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
there is a REASON why the state owns the land
the Jewish Association was a body formed in 1891 for the purpose of buying lands in the holy land for jews to settle in (this is about 60 years before israel was created)
thats why i said that the state owns the land by default
it was the original owner of the land because the Jewish Association bought it from the owner during the times of the ottoman empire

and this whole thing is getting way past the point
and the point is suprisingly simple
the families in question got evicted because they stopped paying the rent
not because they are arabs

if i dont pay my rent, i'll get evicted too
people only chose to make this a public relations bit because they are arabs
and seeing israeli soldeirs evicting arabs out of their homes makes for good press

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/am...ing/index.html
Mexican official: Hijack suspect is alcoholic, drug addict
Quote:
Mexican official: Hijack suspect is alcoholic, drug addict
MEXICO CITY (CNN) -- A 44-year-old Bolivian drug addict and alcoholic was responsible for the hijacking Wednesday of a commercial jetliner, a Mexican official said.
Genaro Garcia Luna, the secretary for public security, told reporters that the suspect told authorities he hijacked the jet because the date -- September 9, 2009, or 9/9/9 -- held some significance for him.

The hijacking of the airliner carrying more than 100 passengers ended peacefully Wednesday when eight people were taken into custody at Mexico City's airport, officials said.

The hijackers took control of the Boeing 737 Aeromexico jet as it flew from the resort town of Cancun, Mexico. They said a cardboard box they were carrying contained a bomb, which they threatened to blow up if their demand to speak to President Felipe Calderon was not met, CNN affiliate TV Azteca said.

The jet was moved to a remote area of the airport, and passengers were allowed to deplane; clutching their hand luggage, they walked slowly down the stairway to the tarmac.

Moments later, the suspects were taken into custody and the package turned out not to contain explosives, the station said.
you'd think that with todays problems, they would get better security

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-09-09 at 17:35.