Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 16:40   Link #5507
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
but the demos are in charge of the white house, senate and house. so while there is a strong anti-incumbent sentiment against both parties it will be the democrats that feel it the most.

obama mistake was that he got started on the big stuff too early. he and the other democratic leaders misread the 2008 election as a vote for democrats while in reality it was a vote against bush. He should made the economy the #1 priority and put the health care and the climate change legislation on the back burner. if the dems don't want to lose as badly as 1994 they need to go back tot he bread and butter issues, JOBS JOBS and JOBS. As far as the health Care bill, drop it but go ahead and take away the heath care insurance industry anti-trust protection, then have the justice applied the anti-trust laws.
I don't believe Obama's mistake was that he started the big stuff early. I think his mistake was he didn't take charge of the issues. In my opinion, he just sat in the sidelines twiddling his thumbs while waiting for the the House and Senate to screw everything.

If he said exactly what he wanted, how it would help the people and the economy, and why it needs to be passed now, then I'm sure the bill would've been passed already and he'd be working on jobs.