View Single Post
Old 2010-03-22, 17:42   Link #6271
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
I have my doubts that she actually did anything with 'awakening his inner strength'. She hasn't cast anything on anyone else except for that one time, so we don't know if she even can. The training she gave him and the self-training in the last 10 years is the more plausible reason, for a normal person.
Seems to me that the 'spell' was more to boost his confidence that he could do something so that she could teach him rather than actually doing anything to him.
Time is a huge factor in the resilience of the human body.
i think a re-read is in order for you here, Hayate did comment on how his body felt a lot lighter right after Athena cast the spell. Also dont even start trying to question her magic at this stage of the story because it has already been stated by Isumi as well about how Midas was able to get great strength by drawing Athena's ability to unlock potentials.
As well as controlling Shirosakura's power to strengthen Machina. So yes, she did cast a spell on Hayate that time, he felt the change himself and there were immediately obvious improvements on his skills as a butler since then.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote