Thread: Licensed Brave10
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-11, 21:11   Link #86
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I think most female fans will very much enjoy seeing the guys fights.

But anyways there is one thing I definitely agree with you this "argument" was silly. I wasn't trying to say it's impossible the series is aimed at guys (although I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little surprised). But I do still think that even if the series is primarily aimed at guys there are elements in the series that are definitely there to pull in a female audience too. Hey both audiences spend money after all.

I just don't understand why so many posters were so against the idea that the series might be aimed at a female audience. I'll enjoy it regardless and it certainly doesn't change my opinion of the series that I find out it's "seinen".
Probably because of the bishie yaoi undertones it usually implies (which are probably as annoying for guys as the typical representation of girls etc in video games are for girls) and that reverse harem sterotype that's just as bad the typical harem sterotype excecpt without the female fanservice that makes it in some way bearable for guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

Actually I usually see reverse harem as one girl and a lot of male characters that care about the main female character (not necessarily all romantically interested).
Depends on what you construe as care unless your going to say the Strawhat crew is Nami and Robin's reverse harem, or just Nami's before Robin joined the crew. Which is why I don't see it. Girls can be friends with several guys in this sort of fiction without it being a reverse harem. It only becomes so when it is told from the girls point of view. Since I consider this to be told from a male point of view I just don't see it. Another example is the Seinen manga Sidooh, 3 guys are care about one girl but it's not a reverse harem because there was some obvious tension between the girl and one of the guy and because the girls not interested in the other two and they aren't interested in her and the fact this is told from a male point of view I didn't get any hint of a reverse harem, considering the guy a bit later pretty much proposed to her.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-01-11 at 21:23.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote