View Single Post
Old 2006-02-16, 09:17   Link #357
Lost

Haha... If this forum gets hacked again I'll be pretty sure who's group did it.

But... I disagree with Tempest. I do not think Ers is weak minded in the form of falling prey to Schwartz's "religion". Remember, she was given training thru-out her life, probably starting from her birth into the Ho family. So to her (no matter what that "religion" actually is in reality), to her, what she is doing is part of her belief. Even in what she said when she was phasing into green sparkles (i.e. dying)... she personally believes in releasing this technology so that peace can abound and she would be able to stay with Arika and Nina forever. So she is doing this because she believes in it.

It wasnt just Smith's commands that drove her. IT NEVER IS THAT SIMPLE. She was subjected to this ideology from birth... to us (the veiwer) we know that it is probably a manipulation of her (and others) by the organisation's higher-ups, but for Er's she wouldnt know that---to her it would be her life, just as she said, her father, grandfather, mother, grandmother. That indoctrination from young would be the the main driving reason; if not, why even respond to Smith in the first place.

She was abit hestitant in harming Arika and Mashiro, but this does not neccessarily mean that she is doubting her beliefs. Rather IMO, she is doubting the MEANS to acheive those beliefs. It shows that she views her friends as individuals important to her, such that if possible, she would want to find a different way to acheive this belief of hers. Ultimately, when push came to shove, she acted and took a swipe at Arika (granted, she didnt put her full into it).

Still what I want to put across is that Ers is not weak minded, she didnt just simply fall for Smith's "religion". Further, would a weak minded girl (with full knowlege of the consequences) put her slave into the path of a mad, unstable, young, hotheaded charging Otome who had her weapons drawn?

I think not.

God... Am I making any sense?