View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 01:02   Link #3549
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
More like Nicol missed the strike and embarrassingly ran into the Strike's sword.

Edit: Actually looking at it again, it doesn't look too bad. But I don't understand why they had to cleanse Kira's hands. He killed other Zaft soldiers before Nicol anyway.
Yeah, it doesn't look as bad after a third and fourth rewatch for me. But I still think they could've done better with it.

But anyway, like I mentioned before, I get what they're trying to do. The point is Kira didn't really want to kill anybody at that moment. That's why Kira got frustrated right after that scene, slamming his hands, and then he was sulking the next episode. In the original, that reaction didn't make sense since Kira actually swung the sword.

The problem is in the execution. Like you said, it made it look at first glance like Blitz intentionally ran itself toward the sword while missing Strike. They should've done that scene at a faster pace and maybe with a different angle so that it's clear that, in trying to stab the Strike, Blitz ran too far ahead and Strike, in trying to protect itself, instinctively put the sword between it and its enemy.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote