View Single Post
Old 2013-09-04, 23:45   Link #4247
type-R!

One thing I liked keeping track of in the novels was how Kyousuke started resembling Kirino in her stubbornness and tsundere attitude. Just count the number of times he says 'I'm not doing it for her sake but for mine' or 'Just to be clear I hate my little sister' right before throwing himself into the fire for her sake. I also like how at several times he managed to stop short of saying that he is starting to truly care for her and simply interrupts that thought and continues with whaterver is going on

By the way, maybe it is just me but I find a scene in chapter 3 of volume 6 very endearing: when they visit Saori for the first time, and while at her door, Saori (which they didn't recognize) surprises and scares them with a rifle she was carrying (they did think she was serious and got genuinely scared). She then points it at Kirino while jokingly saying she will shoot at her face, and Kyousuke immediately jumps in front of Kirino to use his body as a shield, while poor Kuroneko was left standing alone .
Of course some would say that he did so out of pure instinct (even Kyousuke himself says so), or that had he already been dating Kuroneko by that time, he might have done something else. But nonetheless, I find this scene as a nice extra in Kyousuke's feelings for Kirino.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote