View Single Post
Old 2014-01-02, 00:18   Link #1068
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya
So from my point of view I could never take seriously Shoko's leadership skills. And I have to say that the hints (or can we call them evidences?) were all there in season one. From the undressing threat to the jingle bell attempt, culminating with the election speech. So my next expectation was a bloodbath ending for the S1 that never happened thanks to L-Elf.
The bloodbath did happen; it was just gas instead of bullets. Though obviously not to the extent of episode 21. And the only reason things didn't turn out worse was due to Prue's migraines resulting in Cain calling things off. L-Elf had nothing to do with it.

The massacre in episode 21 is also never portrayed as being Shoko's fault for all that people like to insist otherwise. There was no commentary about how the students should've been armed, no one blamed her for holding the conference.

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that looking at her key moments in the story she was the wrongest person (because she did have that ability to engage people, without the proper licence to use it) in the wrongest position (to take vital decisions not having the ability nor the experience to take them). IIRC it was not her to decide to go for the elections, but L-Elf, so I think that she is somehow innocent, it not for the betrayal.
The election was Nanami's idea. But in general, I think you're giving the writers too much credit. They really just don't know how to write politics and that seems to be a thing with anime in general (at least the ones that don't use it as a focal point in the plot). The Fuhrer and ARUS president never went beyond caricatures of their respective government types. Your idea is interesting but I really don't feel that's what they were going for.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2014-01-02 at 00:38.