View Single Post
Old 2009-04-03, 00:46   Link #4
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well in anime you often see the commander of a ship, submarine or starship giving orders and then the subordinate replies that it would be dangerous or something, then the commander usually replies "kawaran!". This is a sort of cliché that always makes me laugh.

I think that in the real military if someone is given an order he must execute it and shut up.

Then well it's not acceptable for girls to kick and punch boys even if they do "ecchi stuff", but that's for gag purpose, usually it's not supposed to really happen in reality, since in reality you don't recover from bloody wounds that fast.

In the U.S. it's also not acceptable for girls and boys to have sexual intercourse before 18, but in japan and many other countries the age of consent is lower. Anime often reflects this aspect.

It is not acceptable for a man to bathe with his little daughter in most western countries, but it is in Japan, this also sometimes happens in anime.

Generally speaking anime depicts a world that is more open to sexual anomalies than it really is. For example boys are not allowed to wear female school uniforms but it happens in quite a few anime.

In Japan it is not allowed to carry swords (or any kind of weapon) in public, but that doesn't prevent some anime characters to do that anyway, even if they are just high schoolers.

EDIT

Ah i forgot: It is not acceptable for minors to be in any military organization or to have any kind of leadership position in any kind of organization. You gotta love Tessa of FMP

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote