View Single Post
Old 2007-07-04, 22:20   Link #146
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
edit: apparently Fukuhara-san is exactly five foot (153cm). The positioning of the blackboard made them look even smaller (American blackboards are hung lower I guess).

Her website banner graphic animation is pretty cute and points for her web layout (so often I visit japanese websites and think "wtf? who teaches them these hideous web design styles?")
I've notice the trend of seiyuu being cuter and cuter. I think they're really trying to make real star out of the seiyuus and looks are becoming important.

153 is average in Japan.. you'll have to be below 145cm to be considered short. If a girl cracks 150 she's considered average, if they crack 160 they're tall. if they crack 170, they can be considered models. Any taller and people start to question your ancestry.

Vexx-kun, many Japanese websites have mobile users in mind as most people browse the web on their phones. Thus unless you're a major site with enough cash to develop a phone version of your site, you tend to keep it really simple in term of graphics or layout. Look at sites like Mixi and you'll see some great layouts. PC ownership in Japan is extremely small compare to handset penetration, it's natural when they design a site they have mobile users in mind first.